View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Probably not well. Then again, immigrants (and criminals in some cases) were the ones who settled the country in the first place.

The immigrants you mention helped make the country what it is today. As well, once they made landfall, they did whatever they could to help the US and themselves become a part of this great country

100 years later one of the biggest problems facing our country...illegal immigration

Todays immigrants are living off the taxes you and I pay, the welfare system you and I pay for, and not contributing to the effort. In many cases, these same immigrants are sending the bulk of thier earnings back to relatives in thier mother country and not fueling the economy here. Many of the immigrants (as portrayed by this "game") refuse to learn the language, sunmit to the immigration regulations, or defend our country. There's a lot of "take" and not a lot of "give"

If these were "legal" immigrants being "shipped" to the US, I'd dump this like a hot potatoe. Thats not the case.

I'm not anti immigrant. I am Anti-illegal immigrant!

my $.02

BTW, 2 of my best friends were native Cubanos who defected here as children with thier families. Both are US citizens, both earn very comfortable incomes (attorneys and such) and both contribute to the system

I have no problem with a person wishing to escape a tyrant or dictatorship. But once it's done, get legal

The vast majority of the Mexican immigrants never seem to get to that step
Si Senor