View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default LOL...I don't need a photographer...

...but thanx for the offer in asking!

About 95% of the photos I've ever posted with the Corvettes that I own, or other owners, have been taken by me. Other cameras used usually belong to other individuals with me that also own Corvettes, and they work out here as well and have the same access codes I possess.

Rollout dates are scheduled, but change almost every mission...kinda like within 24 to 48 hours noticed in most cases. When the Shuttle does roll out, it takes about 6 to 7 hours to travel the 3.5 miles to Pad A. Once on the Pad, the Rotating Service Structure remains away for approx 6 to 8 hours...thus providing the first photo ops with nothing but Shuttle in view...after those 6 to 8 hours, the RSS is rolled into position, covering almost 90% of the Shuttle from sight. Approx 12 to 18 hours before launch, the RSS is once again rolled back to expose the Shuttle...presenting another opportunity, however, extremely limited and restricted for obvious reasons (but I have taken pics of my cars during that time).

Now, with the last 4 missions coming up (STS 131, Discovery, is on the Pad this very moment, scheduled for lift off at 0619 am EST, on the 5th of April), there is word that the photo ops will be increased, again, with very little notice. As time goes by for the the last 3 missions, I'll try and post rollout dates and times ("nix" if at night for rollout...no pics), and how long the RSS will remain retracted. Stay tuned to the CKCC post is all I can suggest.

Taking a picture of your car, and having the Shuttle in the background, will have to be done by me, or even maybe another fellow employee if he or she decided, or has the time, to help...and with your camera (I'll have my camera as a backup).

Again...these opportunities are determined by someone else with a higher pay grade than I have......so, it depends on a great deal of timing but most important of all, your availability as well!

I'll add this about any access to KSC...nothing is guranteed out here...any and all photo ops could be cancelled at the last moment...that means both u and I are taking great chances at life to hopefully get these shots. My opportunities obviously have greater odds of success.

Last edited by vettejack; 03-25-2010 at 11:16 AM.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote