Thread: Speed trap rant
View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #41
gunnerrun

Name :
gunnerrun has disabled reputation
Default Trap

The area around Tally appears to always be heavily patrolled with both marked and unmarked units. Coming west on I-10 around Greenville, I believe it is Greenville, there is an overpass that has a FHP working the west side of it. He is almost always hidden in the thick median woods or writing a ticket in the area. I think he's using the instant on but don't know for sure. I've seen him there so many times I am on the limit as soon as I approach the overpass.

I also have a Val-1 and love it. I think of my vette as ticket target and even though I might be at the same speed as the other traffic I worry that it might attract the wrong kind of attention. When my detector goes off I make sure I am at the limit or very close regardless of what those around me are doing. Most of the other vettes I see on the interstate are usually moving with the flow of traffic. I guess much of leo interest stems from the premise that vettes either have or will be speeders, so for a few MPH when leo has the opportunity he issues a nasty based on the principle of missed opportunity. When I'm in the towns there is so much detector noise I am especially careful to be at the limit.
gunnerrun is offline   Reply With Quote