View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
There are no absolutes. The break given to a LEO by other LEO is the same break they have given to NON LEO as well. There is no situation where an officer gives every officer a break and always writes the citizen for the same thing. Discretion is a big part of the job. Some officers off duty get tickets even though they are LEO. Each case is individual.

I agree. It doesn't bother me if a LEO gives a LEO a break. Even if it's a break I may not receive. But it does depend on the severity of the violation, for me. Case by case. It's a stressful job and I'm grateful they're there. I certainly couldn't do it, so a few perks are OK by me.

I've been given my fair share of breaks over the years. Pulled over 11 times, 6 tickets. I was given a break on 3 speeding tickets that were 20-30 mph over the limit (in the middle of the night). I had one knocked from 15 mph over to "violation of a traffic sign" because I was pleasant and he liked my car. I also had one that was 93 mph in a 45 and he never said a word other than "license and registration" and "sign here". It could've easily been reckless driving.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote