View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr97Eldo View Post
I have no problem with speed limits and I have no problem with enforcing speed limits and highway safety by officers. It is our responsibility as citizens to OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS. Moreover, I encourage “Joe Public” to assist officers whenever we can and to be nice to cops. What I have a problem with is the use of unmarked police vehicles and other methods of entrapment (and the supporting legal system) to facilitate the mugging of the citizenry by local officials who will not control their spending and, with the support of their enablers in law enforcement, use unsuspecting, law-abiding motorists as the goose that laid the golden egg in order to hide their profligate, corrupt and incompetent ways from the voters.

And THAT is the primary use of speed limit enforcement. Shadow is right on the mark with his comments and observations and it is naïve in the extreme for citizens to “obey the speed limits” and ignore the larger issues involved here. If we do these abuses will only get worse. Highway safety is NOT the goal of traffic law enforcement these days, local revenue enhancement is. Police Chiefs have the responsibility to enforce traffic laws AND not enable politicians and civic administrations’ cynical abuse of these laws by using traffic fines as a bald faced method of extorting cash from motorists with which to fill their treasuries.

“As for daily law breakers, be careful of who you are throwing stones at and where you are throwing them from.”

As I said; there isn’t one person who’s posting to this forum who does not daily exceed speed limits and, therefore, is not a daily law breaker. Case closed.
Why are you so opposed to the use of unmarked vehicles? Strikes me as a little narrow. So are you saying it's OK to do all the wrong you wish cause you're not near a "marked" unit to make you behave?