View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #22
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I got it installed on April 19th by Lloyd and Ryan at SS Performance Group. It drives like a different car. Got rid of the dual-mass flywheel so it lost all the chatter when I'm idleing along in traffic now. That GM LS7 flywheel has a little more weight than the Fidanza, so it picked up more torque right off idle. I don't have to rev it when I engage the clutch now. And it engages about an inch from the floor. A big difference from that Fidanza. It was catching at the top. I couldn't drive on the interstate because it would start slipping if I accelerated in sixth gear at speeds over 70 mph. I think part of the problem was the new master cylinder I had put in last November. When they went to bleed the new LS7 slave they noticed the master cylinder return springs weren't allowing the piston to return fully so the clutch wasn't fully engaged. I think that allowed just enough slip to wear those twin disc out. I never noticed it slipping, but I guess it's like riding with your foot on the pedal. Anyway it turned out well. The Chevy dealer I bought the master from last year(Charles Clark Chevy in McAllen, Texas) warranteed it and overnighted it to SS Performance's shop at no charge to me, so it didn't hold them up either. And the labor was less than half what the Cadillac dealer quoted me! Plus they replaced the rear main seal and my oil pressure sensor while they were at it. Now my oil pressure shows 30 lbs at idle and 48 lbs when I'm cruising. Before it was reading 129 lbs all the time. So it's road ready. Just waiting on the love bugs to die off. I hate washing a car/truck everyday but they will destroy the paint if you don't.