View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

We got back from the caravan on Monday. Had a great time! We saw Armando and Jim at a rest stop in South Pittsburg, Alabama, but never saw them again the rest of the trip. We did see Nasajack during the caravan out of Florida, but never saw him or his car after the caravan. We spotted his plate 321 NASA, so we know it was him. We waved when we passed him in our Z16, but I am sure he did not know us.

The museum was a mad house (in a good way). Corvettes everywhere you could see. With those sorts of crowds getting food service there, or trying to shop in the store was going to be problematic. If you have not been to the museum since the expansion, it is worth the trip. They are also planning a new motorsports park just on the east side of I-65. I think they are gathering the funds for this, but from what I understand, they already own the land.

To me, the hit of the trip was Road Atlanta. I have been to a number of road courses but RA is different because of the elevation changes. Very nice course. It does remind me of the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point, but much larger. The Jefferson Circuit is 1.1 miles (I think) and RA is 2.5 miles. Anyway, the hot laps on this course kept a grin on my face for most of the week.

I hope everyone made it home ok.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote