View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road

My condolences Rich. My wife lost her father to cancer in July. She didn't know anything about it since she was estranged from the family. Her father had been stealing from her trust fund and she had to sue him to get the money back. Well parts of it back, when he died her mother forbid her and I from coming to the memorial or sending flowers or anything and stopped making payments. I was in shock myself because my parents always taught us to behave and right from wrong. When her father was caught stealing from her and he didn't have any emotions or care in the world like it was normal to him that's when she said forget him.

The way I look at it is this. Do your grieving in your own way. It's like I told my wife. He was your father despite the greed taking over in the last 5 years of his life. Look at the good times however small or few and far between and take comfort and cherish in those thoughts and memories.

Good luck my friend and god bless your family in your loss.

1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica #5410 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
2008 Impala SS LS4 Magnaflow Catback CAI
Florida Keys Corvette Club
Nathan Independent Travel Agent
--------------------------------------------------
I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote