Thread: Street racers
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I went sideways at OSW because they dont prep the track worth a damn. They spray VHT up to the 60ft and your own your own after that. Ive had a couple techs come into my work they know my car from BMP and told me I wouldnt clear tech inspection so theres no point in coming out to race.

Well a stock trim C6 will run 12, now add a cammed an stroked motor with a nice size blower, 3200 stall at the time, and itll make some time. See on the pass I went sideways three times I still trapped a 120mph...no boost, on street tires.

I pushed 176 mainly cause I wanted to. Its a rush I enjoy, to me its better then being on drugs. I have the same chance dying from rolling my car, as I do some strung out crackhead coming into my pawn shop with a gun and blowing my head off, so IF Im going to die I might as well go out the way I prefer.

I wont do any of that in the city though, fastest to 60 is about all Ill push in the city.
I started applying the brakes when I saw a small blur on the horizon, which turned out to be almost 2m down the road according to the odometer.