View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #51
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

I think there is a question that has not been asked and that is a big concern. If law enforcement knew that he was a suspect in another homicide, why did the guys on the front line not have that kind of intel vs. just a minor warrant out of Jax. If I were a police officer I would definatly have a different approach when trying to aprrehend a murderer vs. a check bouncer. Maybe the officers would have approached the vehicle with weapons drawn until he was in cuffs and could not resist at least giving them a chance as they tried to detain and search Morris? What is the TPD training and proceedure in approaching a suspect in different threat levels? I don't know maybe I am completly out of line in the civilian world. Please keep in mind I have a different training in the method of search and detaining POW's, but I ccertainly believe the basics are the same when it comes to the officers' safety.

I see this as a leadership failure that cost two good men their lives.

Police Chief Castor and Mayor Iroio I believe you have some questions to answer like why did Officer Kopac and Officer Curtis not know who this man was when they made the stop?
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote