Thread: Home Depot...
View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I purchased a Cub Cadet 50" Zero turn mower recently and today the deck belt broke . Do I pulled the rest of the way off and drove my dusty dirty a$$ to Home Depot to see what they'd do for me, since I haven't owned it for long.
I told the lady in returns, that I haven't owned it long (less than 5 months), it only has 5.8 hours on it, I use it only for MY lawn and it shouldn't break this soon. Of course, I didn't bring in my recipt and they say they don't keep records for any purchases over three months . So now, I go back to the house and the search begins . Why is nothing where it should be ?
We found an invoice with the date of purchase and other info on it, so back to the store I go. Now the gal at returns says this isn't good enough, they can't do anything with it. WTF! She then gets the manager up there and I explained that I couldn't find my recipt at the moment, but found an invoice with the cost, date of purchase, skew # on it etc, so why isn't it good enough. The manager told me to go find the belt I needed...I did and she then bid me a good day as did I her . Here I thought I was going to have to get UGLIER.
A buddy of mine bought one of these last year. He showed it to me and let me play with it in his yard. It was a blast to drive. I asked him how it was holding up a couple of weeks later and he told me the belt that drove the transmission had a pulley lock up and it actually set it and his grass on fire! He dragged it onto a trailer and took it back to HD and got a full refund (I don't think he had it three weeks). He took his $2999.99 and went and bought a commercial Hustler for $2000.00 more. I have since bought a commercial Scag to mow my 4.5 acres. These mowers actually make cutting the grass a pleasure.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote