View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation
Default Ferarris On The Circle 2/9/2008

We took the ZO6 down to Sarasota Sat. for "Ferraris on the Circle" held at St. Armand's Circle. The Ferrari Club has a charity event there every year. They park their Ferraris in the center of the circle and the "lesser cars" around them.

A friend had pre-registered his Ultima and we decided to take the ZO6 down at the last minute. They were expecting our friend since he had pre-registered. The girls at the registration desk didn't know whether they could let a Corvette enter or not. They went off to ask someone so I hunted up the president of the Ferrari club and got his permission to enter. I never had to work to give someone a $50 donation before. Of course they wouldn't let me park with the Ferraris.

I was relegated to the second row with the Lamborghinis.

There were about 50 Ferraris, 1 yellow Enzo, 1 F40, 15 or so Lambos, 4 Audi R8s, 2 Porsche Gts, 1 Turbo, 4 or 5 Bentlys and half a dozen Rolls ... 1 Corvette. There were about 125 cars in all. I was surprised but I had a lot of people come by to talk about the Corvette. With all the exotics there I was surprised. The Ferrari guys were all pretty friendly and made us feel welcome.

We had a great time and I would recommend anyone attending next years event.

Lloyd Johnson
Tampa
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote