Thread: LS2 Limits.
View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road
Default LS2 Limits.

So my next endeavor is to boost the vette. I had planned on swapping out different heads(Livernois has a nice setup, for a good price) to help compensate the boost. Stage 2 heads specs...

New GM 243 casting
5 axis CNC machined
Fully assembled
220cc Intake Runner
Intake Flow Rate 305 CFM
Exhaust Flow Rate 235 CFM
New 2.000 intake valves / 1.550 exhaust valves
GM valve seals and locks
Livernois dual coil valve springs good to ~ .690 lift
Manley titanium retainers
No core required
----For 1449.00, and 300 core refund.

I was also told to use forged pistons and rods, understandable.

Tonight at a meet, Tim had mentioned since the heads will be coming off to throw in a blower cam. So it had me thinking of also adding a cam now, cause i love the sound of a lopy V8, specially with a s/c whine.

With adding forged pistons/rods, and putting in a torque converter(25 or 26 hundred), could the motor/tranny handle that additional power without going kaboom? As of now im putting out 362whp/367tq on CAI, Fast90, 90mm t/b, Dynatech 1 7/8" LT's, Magnaflow 3" catback.

Ive been told by a few people that the motor is only good for 550hp, and tranny for the same. Yet ive seen a few threads with guys making 600+ and not mentioning fully builtup motor and nothing wrong with motor after x amount of miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thought id ask here before posting on the other vette forum and have my head ripped off for asking a serious question.