View Single Post
Unread 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I don't think I could leave without the Z. Fortunately, my wife and I only have the two cars, so that's not an issue. If I were you, I still couldn't leave the Z behind. It's not just monetary value, it has sentimental value as well.

When Charley hit, we were supposed to get the direct hit. That yellow cone of future destruction was aimed at Pinellas County (Clearwater, St.Pete) all day. We were very lucky that it shifted early. It was a compact storm. We didn't get anything but a little breeze from a couple of the bands.

I've been in Florida since 1989. The last two years have been the worst I've seen for hurricanes in the state. It is a lot different for me because I've only been a homeowner for the last three years. It worries me a lot more now that I have something of value. I guess that is what insurance is for. As long as you take all of your irreplaceable things like pictures. Every thing else can be replaced.

I was just reading an article about homeowners insurance in the state today. Because we are so close to the coast, no one is writing policies in the State of Florida except Citizens, the State run company. They did a rate hike in 2005 for 23.2%. They are in the process of collecting a 16.9% increase this year, even though it has not been approved yet. They are now requesting a 45% rate hike. This sucks. Apparently, Citizens is required by law to have the highest rates in the state in order to discourage private insurers from limiting coverage or leaving the market. Yeah, that strategy has really worked well. With that and the gas prices, I'm gonna have to find a few places to cut back a little....after my headers of course!

It doesn't seem to matter where you move, there will always be some natural disaster waiting. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados and blizzards, oh my!

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote