View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road
Default ..... an open-invitation.....

..... from the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series for ALL Tampa Bay-area Corvette-enthusiasts to join us, as spectator or competitor, for either (or both ) of our last 2 races of 2007 season at Bradenton Motorsports Park, 9 miles East of I-75 at Exit 220, on Rt. 64:
we race Saturday mornings and finish by 2:00 PM (before it gets too-warm ), and the remaining events are scheduled for 25 August, and the season-finale on 8 September.

Our Series features handicap-start bracket-races on BMP's fully-prepped 1/4-mile track, and we have reserved pit-spaces on the asphalt (no gravel, dirt, or sand ) near the Staging Lanes & Starting Line, where our cars stay nice and clean
(except for burnt-rubber on the quarter-panels if you compete, which is a good-thing!!!!! )

The Series' competitors range-from full-on race-cars, such-as a tubular-chassised 9-second '68,

several street-driven C5s and C6s,

to our most-recent winner, a bone-stock, mid-14 second C4:

handicap-start bracket-racing places a premium on driving-ability and racer's-smarts, and less-on all-out HP/TQ, and money-spent, making for a level playing-field on race-day.

If you've ever wanted to try racing your Corvette at the drag-strip, but were afraid you'd be 'embarrassed' by not-knowing what to do, or would like to use your for Corvette for competition-purposes, this would be a great chance to meet-up with like-minded Corvette-owners, and run your car as-intended:
you can make 'time-only' runs, learning how-quick your car can cover the strip without competing during Eliminations, join-in for head-to-head competition versus our regular competitors, or just watch, learn, and ask-questions before deciding to run your Corvette at a future event
(I am no-longer competing in my stock '82 until it can be modified for competition, but I am serving as Race Day Coordinator between our Series at the Staff @ BMP, and am explaining how the timing-system works and offering suggestions & racing-strategies to newcomers, based-on 26+ seasons of racing )

We hope to see you at our next race on 25 August at Bradenton Motorsports Park!