View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
TAZattitude

Name :
TAZattitude has disabled reputation

Looking good Flashman. I'm a newb here (been on the other Vette forum), but you look like you are close to gettin' her painted. You should be pretty close to painting it according to the date you started this thread
Sounds like you would like a metallic. I've sprayed quite a few paint/flame jobs (2000+), and a very nice metallic that goes over the black is called 'Black Diamond'. It's subtle, but has a very nice sparkle over the black. you can also control how much you want over the black. It's very easy to spray. I believe a quart of it is about $125. But you won't need more than about a pint or maybe a pint and a 1/2 for the whole care.

Attached is a job we just finished using the Black Diamond. You really have to see it in person to really get the full effect (and really appreciate it). The flake is not too big and not too small. Slightly bigger than a metallic flake, but has excellent sparkle to it...it has a 'wet look' to it.
I have a job at the shop that has the Black Diamond on it. Feel free to stop by. Our shop is in Pinellas Park.

Any questions, let me know! I've been painting for quite some time now!
I put a banner (proudly) on CorvetteFlorida (see on the left) if you want to check out our site. our location is on there if you want to check out that Black Diamond in person!

Good luck to you!
Attached Images

TAZattitude is offline   Reply With Quote