View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

The 27th of this month, please read!...

Follow Letters

On July 27, President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton are scheduled to sign the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. This treaty is nothing more than a smoke-and-mirrors attempt to disarm the American people.

It is designed to take away the right of the American people to keep and bear arms as expressed in the Second Amendment to our U.S. Constitution – a right, I might add, that the U.S. Supreme Court has twice interpreted as an individual right.

What Operation Fast and Furious could not achieve, this treaty will. It suggests that the illicit arms trade is somehow the result of privately owned firearms getting into the hands of terrorists (remember the gun show loophole?). In reality, it is because of the very governments that support this treaty that arms have not just fallen into, but have directly been given to, various terrorist and criminal groups. Moms and pops didn’t send illegal arms to Mexico – Attorney General Eric Holder and his Justice Department sent them!

It is abundantly clear that Obama has complete and adamant disdain for the Constitution. If he can’t get anti-gun legislation passed in Congress, or use his executive power to regulate firearms out of existence through the federal bureaucracy, then he will go to the United Nations to do it! Even if the U.S. Senate fails to approve this ATT treaty, and the president only signs it, our rights still will be diminished.

If we are still citizens and not subjects, I encourage all who read this letter to contact their respective members of Congress to say “no” to the Arms Trade Treaty, and “yes” to our sovereignty as a free and independent nation. Do not wait until November to let your voice be heard. Act now! November may be too late.

John C. Huffman

Augusta
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote