View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #15
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTBRAX View Post
Lou,

With all due respect, I believe the comments made by my good friend from Michigan were intended to be directed at the MANY people who have, for the last few weeks, found it appropriate to make disrespectful, racist comments in respect to the ethnicity of the candidate that WE, the American people, overwhelmingly chose through the democratic process to lead us back to respectability throught the world. Our international credibility has taken a hit over the last 8 years that wont soon be nullified, and it is BS like the comments made by ignorrant people that can be used by the likes of terrorists and such, in thier rhetorical war against us, to further thier claims that we are a nation divided.

...just a thought
Last I checked, by popular vote it was close, but a landslide by electoral votes. So I sincerely hope that you aren't one of the people who objected to Bush getting elected because of electoral votes. That said, I don't see America banning together simply because you can't bear the sword one day then the olive branch the next simply because things changed to make you happy. The people you brandished the sword at are bound to pick it up out of spite if nothing else...

As for the "watchers", it is my understanding that they can't come and say "hi" unless you make a threat. Otherwise, that would be profiling you because of your beliefs. That is at least the way it appeared to be under Bush, who knows what other presidents will have done in their admin (not a shot at Obama, btw).
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote