View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #27
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, got the PM from Madn3ss. The pier won't let us open up the gate till 9am. If you want to be there 8:30 or 8:45 ish then thats cool, but I wouldn't be there much before that. You might even be forced to drive in circles down the main span by the Pier security guards if you're sitting too long. We do not have any control over the security guards since they are employed by the pier.

Suncoast Corvettes will not be bringing their vettes because of limited space. We want to keep all available spaces open for registered participants who will be trying for the trophies.

It is going to be parked on a 1st come 1st served basis. If you come with friends then stay together if you want to park together. Tempers get hot with owners who sit and idle too long so the best thing for us to do and try to keep as uniform as possible is to just have the cars park in the order they arrive. We normally start on the east side, work to the south side then go to the north side. I hope with the rain that all the people who pre-registered even show up. Having said that we WILL try to make as many people as happy as possible. Customer service is the key, and we do want you to have a good time.

Parking does take a few extra minutes, but nothing too extraordinary. I've seen shows in standard parking lots that take forever to park because we all now how particular the Corvette owners can be .

If you have to leave early we will drag the portable ramp over to your car so you can easily clear the curb. I've seen a few leave early each year. No big deal except that some door prizes and such will not be done yet.

Looks like Ernesto will be in the Carolinas on Saturday so I hope to see as many of you out there as we can. It might be a liiiittle wet but the show will go on. It will give all of us a reason to polish up the rides again.

Last edited by Z06 Rocket; 08-31-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote