View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post

But, can you give us a little tutorial on how you go about fixing something like that. Do, you clean the area out and re-fiberglass it in and then fill, do you re-skin the door, or is there another process that you will use? Maybe your misfortune will help educate us, and maybe add some additional posting while things are a little slow on the board. Also, if you don't mind, whatever process you use to fix the door, can you take some pics a long the way and keep us up to date?

Thanks
Rich
Yeah,I'll be taking pictures!!The thing that really burns my butt,is whoever did it,Knew they did it!!It shoved the car sideways about 2 inches!!

As far as what I'll have to do,I don't know yet till I get the door apart!They hit it right on the crash beam and it sounds like it's broken loose inside the door and the window won't go all the way down before it hits something!!I was going refinish the rockers sometime anyway,But I would have liked to stay out of the middle of the door!!:bang head::bang head::bang head:I repaired a place on the rear bumper and left qr 4-5 years ago and the spiral gray is a pain to match!!