View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

This is what I have been able to find. It was issued Dec '05 and it says it is only for '05 Vettes. I have an '06. I might give the local Service Manager a call and see what's up.

Service Bulletin #: 05-08-44-014A
Date: December 9, 2005
Subject: ASI Resolution - Poor and/or No Radio Reception, Intermittent Static on FM with Navigational Radio System (Update Radio Software)
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette (Domestic and Export) with Navigation Radio
Condition
Some customers may comment on the following conditions:
• Static is heard on stations with an otherwise strong signal, after the ignition is turned on.
• The radio is unable to stop at specific stations when using the "seek" function.
Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE RADIO
Important: The software is updated using a CD, not through SPS programming. New software, P/N 15853651, can be obtained from GMSPO. Dealers should retain the service CD for future use.
The software update will do the following:
• Modify the signal interface with the ARS module to correct the reception condition.
• Add an on-screen message to remind the customer that a destination is required before a route can be planned.

Add MP3 functionality.

The navigation/radio software, P/N 15853651, should be updated using the following procedure:
Important:
• This software can ONLY be used for updating the 2005 Corvette navigation radio, P/N 15263014. Do not use these CDs to update any other vehicle's navigation radio. The radio part number can be verified via the Tech 2®.
• Software CDs and a Tech 2® are required to complete this procedure.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote