View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #27
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So, is the ZR1 a replacement for the Z06, or is there going to be a Z06 as well in 2009?
I have read many different things on this matter. I originally read that the ZR1 was supposed to replace the Z06 model as the C7 was supposed to drop in 2009. Then I read that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C7. Another article said that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C6. That last statement has been the only accurate to date.

I don't think the ZR1 is going to last. I think the ZR1 is being used as a platform to slingshot the C7 and the muscle cars the same way it did from C4 to C5. This will probably be a limited release for two years starting this year (ZR1,'08), similar to the last time which will coincide with the releases of the new Camaro first ('09 and rumored T/A), then the C7 ('10), then the GTO again in 2011.

Similar to the '90's when the ZR1 dropped, then came the Ram Air T/A, then the C5, then the Camaro SS and T/A WS6, Z06, etc.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote