Thread: Street racers
View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #34
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Yeah my life changing experience was the moron in the RV who ran me off the road, while I was obeying every road law possible on my way from class. Now Im left permanently disabled in my leg.

Should have been dead, should I have to die because some old guy cant pay attention to the road while Im being the safe driver?

Should the thousands of ppl who die in dui accidents while the alchy walks away fine, be dead?

This is my final point, if IM on the road by myself in the middle of bum f*%$ you got a purdy mouth what does it matter if I kill myself doing something I want to do? Id have no problem going to a track to top out, but where in florida can you push those kind of limits? Only thing I know of is the texas mile, and I aint driving hours just to blow money on doing it on a highway. Whose to say the guy before me goes down the mile dumping oil, and I hit a oil patch and go for a roller coaster ride?

Quote:
There is ALWAYS the chance that someone is pulling out of a side dirt road, off the shoulder when they stopped for a few minutes on their own, someone coming the other way decides to make a stupid u-turn or left turn, or even a large animal has run out in front of you.
I do believe I stated this was a two way street, no side roads, no cross streets, no dirt roads, right off the pavement are 45-65* angle ditchs, there no "shoulder" to stop on, nor spot for someone to just hang out, you go in those ditchs you better have a 4x4 to get out.

Ive traveled this road many a time going to an from polk county. Seeing something bright an blurry object from a mere 2m is not really that hard specially when your going at it 176mph and its coming at you roughly 70mph, specially when I can make out buildings and lights from the northside howard franklin to the building to the west of the southend.

Ive gone to multiple sites with brake distance calculators. You know what none of them factor in, weight, type of vehicle, type of tire, kind of brakes your using.

Thirdly, they factor in average reaction time from average people. Im pretty sure I react faster then average. If the person is so far ahead of me, why would it take me so long to just go ahead an start applying the brakes? I dont stress out when danger is in the way, and that tunnel vision is imo. I saw every aspect of what was happening from when the car went out from under me, through a 180 in the street, to hitting the ditch an flying out into the newspaper box right to slamming into the tree.
Not everyone handles stress the same, same as reactions. Maybe you shouldnt bottle everyone up into the average norm group, think outside the box of what someone COULD be capable of and then factor the rest out.

At the end of the day, was doing 176mph stupid?....sure. Did I enjoy it?...yes, did anyone get hurt, no. Whats the problem?...nothing.