View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

I have been in this hobby for a long time and the last few years I have gotten a little disenchanted with SOME shows. I am not in Florida at the moment so I was not able to make the Eckler's show and cannot express an opinion on this show.

I do enjoy getting together with other Vette owners and looking at their cars, them look at mine, BS about the hobby, etc. This is a great way to meet and make friends with other people with similar interests.

I don't particularly like judged shows. It can be difficult to find enough judges to have the judging be consistent, fair and not take forever to finish the judging. So, I prefer "People's Choice" or "Entrants Choice" type shows. This is where either the entrants or spectators just vote for the cars they like in the class. No one tells you what they found "WRONG" with your car, it is just how many votes your car receives.

I also think that the shows can be a very long day and you need to be prepared for this, chair, shade of some sort, sun block, food, drink (typically non alcoholic if the event is sanctioned by NCCC), etc. But most important, is having other people to BS with, which I can do forever and kill the good part of any day! Between BS-ing and salavating over other cars I would love to have in my garage I can even make a Judged show bear-able.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote