View Single Post
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #18
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 329of1k View Post
Minimum wage is better than no wage at all. I do believe that minimum wage is nearing $8.00/hour which may not seem like much but at least you're earning and contributing something.
We have plenty of sponges out there soaking up all they can from all the others.
Like I said minimum wage is better than no wage at all.
Not sure how true this is but I have heard of some union line employees in the auto industry making ~$60/hour. If that is true it's no wonder the companies are in the state they're in. I will concede that is not the only reason and like I said I don't know how true that is.

Right to work = get your A** to work!!!
I have had the opportunity to look at the UAW contract with GM on more than one occasion, and on more than one topic. The skilled trades make in the twenty eight to thirty dollar an hour range. This would be wages only. I do not know the value of their benefit package.

Minimum wage does not apply to all jobs. People that work in the service industry, wait people in particular are not required by law to get minimum wage. In our area they pay wait people about two fifty an hour. Any thing above that is gratuities. Their gratuities are subject to taxation. HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote