View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I don't remember where I saw it but someone advertised a GPS(I believe) device that calculated vehicle weight, quarter mile speed, G force, etc. and gave a fairly accurate estimate of horsepower. Or so they claimed. I believe there are formulas that allow for such estimates. Have you heard of this?

Or just rent the dyno at SS Performance for an hour. I think it's $120.00 or less. I know you're ticked off at them and I don't quite understand what the reason was that caused the rift, but they are close by and have what you need to answer that question. Besides, I want to know! Plus you could tweak stuff on the dyno better than on the highway(and not get a ticket doing it). I'm not trying to be a salesman for them, but they did a great job on my car and beat a well known former vendor of this site(in Seffner)by about 25% too. Maybe it was just a communication issue or a misunderstanding. Again, I don't know but if you guys could bury the hatchet it would probably benefit you both. They do seem to be a wealth of knowledge on the LS engine and GM cars in general. Life is too short to carry a grudge. Just my opinion.....