View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #26
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
Hey Ken,

Sorry to hear about the situation. Just be careful with the paint. Speaking from experience, golds are very difficult to match. So make sure that you look at it out in the bright sun light. That will give you the best light to make sure that everything matches. Good luck!

Rich
Good advise, no doubt. My intent is to pick up the car on a bright sunny day and take at least one sharp observer with me. The amount that the insurance is paying for the repairs, to me, equals my receiving a concourse car back. All front end bright work will be new and all removed/replaced bright work is being returned to me also.

A few other positives I perceive are: I personally know and have known the owner of the shop through his brother (a fellow officer) for years, The dude doing the actually work is an old dude (like us) and works on nothing but the classics. The shop has been in business for years and has never changed ownership. The guy that did the in site inspection of the car had a deep knowledge of old vettes and we discussed paint repeatedly....so maybe! And the final fact the insurance check comes to me. Until I'm satisfied the shop gets nothing