View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
A while back Connie and I were coming back from the east coast, but don't remember exactly where we were. Bunch of guys in pickup trucks all around us and were speeding up and slowing down, probably trying to get us to show them what the C5Z could do. Sorry, I wasn't playing. But a ways down the road, the two lanes funneled into one and I was in the right lane that was merging into the left. The guys in the pickup were still playing grabass and I were blocking us from merging. OK, wanna play? The head of the merge lane was about 10 car lengths ahead, and there was clear road just ahead of him. Third gear with the turbos is like having wings, so I punched it. The world just stood still and I was around them and up the road. Connie didn't say a word but I think I saw white knuckles. Heck, I didn't even hit the grass as it was like everyone else just stopped dead.

Yeah, not my usual kind of stunt, but the yahoos got on my nerves by that time, and I wanted away from them.

Why do some people act all goofy when they are driving next to a Vette?
I would have liked to be the fly on the wall and seen that. I'd be screaming for joy.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote