Thread: Good, Bad and ?
View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Good, Bad and ?

This is list of businesses / people I've dealt with and my opinion of .. well them and their service
- Ecklers: I've only made one purchase from them. The ordering was easy, but shipping was high. I returned part of the order and had to pay a restocking fee which sucks.

- East Coast Corvettes: Another Florida company that I've ordered from a couple of times. Fast shipping, but again a tad high on shipping. Quick replies to emails. C5 & C6 only
- West Coast Corvettes: A lot of stuff at the going prices. I do like them better then Ecklers, but shipping is HIGH. C5 & C6 only

- Corvette Central: Big inventory with around the average price and a little better on shipping.

- TKO Performance: I New York company. I purchased my B&B Bullets here. Best price I could find. When a problem occurred with my order, I received phone calls from the owner keeping me updated on the status. Made me a promise and stuck to it. C5 & C6

- Caravaggio Corvettes: I believe for what they mfg, they are the best in design and quality. When I placed my order I dealt with the owner, but it seemed once the order was taken customer support was lacking.
If ordering from them, don't be in a rush as most stuff appears to be made to order and shipping, well it's coming from Canada and my package was big and heavy

- Fast Decals.com: Lager selection of stuff (vinyl decals etc) good prices and fast shipping with great customer service

- American Marketing: This is where I purchased my engine compartment items with the carbon fiber finish. I believe I got a fair price especially considering a lot of the stuff was delivered to my door by the owner. I do have an issue with the warranty. I had to return the fuel rail covers and it took over two months to get them re-done. Pat did help out at two shows with other offers and loans, but the delivery schedule is not kept as I'm still waiting on an item that was suppose to arrive just before Christmas.

- Tomz Wheels: Ordered a set of wheels and from this dealer and was sent three different offsets instead of two. The boxes looked liked they had been around the world a few times and you could see that two of them had been opened before. The plastic rim guards were missing. I called and said I would help pay for expedited shipping, since I needed the wheels for an upcoming show. I was told this would not happen. Due to the poor service and support I said I would return all the wheels and was told go ahead as long as I paid the return shipping, even on the wrong wheel.

- Manatee Auto Trim: Had a seat repaired there. Service, price and workmanship are top notch. The only problem was communicating with the lady at the counter.

- TrimBack Artistry: While not the original shop where my paint & airbrush was was done, the two fellas who personally did the paint and art on my C5 opened there own shop. Fair price, car always finished on time and as for quality it speaks for itself.

- Auto XTC: Great all around service shop. I was treated very well, work was top notch and more then fair price. John the tech, is very knowledgeable and will help answer any questions you have. This has to be the cleanest garage / shop I've ever been in.

- Cox Chevrolet: I can't complain about the service I got here. I knew going in what to expect from a dealership, but my service manager was OK and they never went over an estimate without calling.

- Rev Xtreme: I asked for a price for some service work and was given a quote. I went in for the service and when I was paying the bill it went up 75%. I thought this was a substantial increase with no warning. I also had a catch can installed. Later, I went to remove it and discovered my PCV valve was gone and there was a ground wire that was removed. Instead of taking off one small nut and removing the wire, it was cut and the connector just left. Sorry, i call this shoddy.

- Anti Venom: While getting an install done, I was talking Greg's ear off. I know I had to add an extra 1/2 hour to the job, but the bill was as quoted. If you want someone who has the knowledge and skill to diagnose and repair, stop in. especially for performance mods.

- Auto Paint Guard: This is where I had my clear bra installed. Great service and product.

_- Car Arts Auto Detailing: I was going to a big show and didn't have time to really clean the Vette, so I called Rob. I thought I kept this car shinny, but Rob did the trick and it turned out smooth, and the shine was more then I thought possible.

I also want to thank Tim, Rickey Joe, and Ken for keeping me company at the local shows. Oh Yea, Corey is there when his car isn't in the shop.

These are just quick reviews of places I've had dealings with and my thoughts on them. I know others had different experiences with some of the places I've mentioned, but again these are my opinions.
Sorry if I left anyone out.