View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road
Default Please be patient

Don't let this discourage you. I am a co-captain for Florida and we are having trouble getting rooms as well. When I went to them and asked for blocks I am being told that they don't block them so far out, and we need to call back later. The situation is the same as it was in 2003 for the last National Caravan. The issue is that there are literally thousands and thousands of Corvettes coming to town that weekend. Figure 2 people per car (as most don't cruise alone to this event) and you are referring to double the people in the event. We had around 500 Vettes in the Florida leg last year stopping at the first stop in Lake City. That was before we ever entered into GA! That's only one state out of the 48 contiguous states represented in that number of participants. This event is VERY BIG, and takes alot of planning. We are working very hard on getting rooms available for the participants to use, but it takes time. We are still one year away, and some plans take a little bit of patience to get into line.

We have quite a few lined up for the first stop in Lake City and surrounding areas. We will get that information to everyone via the e-mails if your signed up, or the Caravan website as soon as we possibly can. The Captain (Ernie Zager "EZ) is working very hard to make the FL leg of the Caravan a success.

It may seem like it is taking too long, but it will work out. If you decide to forgo the trip I feel that you will miss out on a GREAT time. I hope you decide to be patient and still go on the Caravan.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote