View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
Well I guess a lot of what's been said here seems to be referring to me.
Rick,

When I wrote my post and mentioned the bickering between some members and vendors, I certainly was not pointing a finger directly at you. In fact, over the last couple months I can recall at least three other vendor issues that did not involve you. I think there is an appropriate post in the BOI when someone has had a problem with a local vendor. It just seemed to me that these posts have led to on line arguments over what did, or did not take place.

I would like to emphasize that I AM NOT TAKING SIDES ON WHO IS RIGHT OR WRONG in any of these issues! I was just making a comment that I believe the bickering can be detrimental to the tone and mood of the site. To me, if a BOI post goes more than the original post and a rebuttal, then obviously the parties have not sat down to try to find a compromise and what we will hear in subsequent posts are opinions filled with unsatisfied anger by both parties. In my opinion, and I maybe the only one that feels this way, the BOI was not established to facilitate an on going argument. Maybe I am wrong on this point. Hell, it would not be the first time!

Shadow,

In your recent post you mentioned the vendor bashing. I just want to clarify that I was not talking about vendor bashing. As I mentioned above, I think there is a place for informing the members of issues in the BOI. It's the bickering that has taken place that concerns me.

I am sorry that my post has created such a response. I was merely trying to respond to Rob's original post. I too am a little concerned that we have lost something here that I thought was pretty special for an internet site. And again, I apologize if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote