Unread 06-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #22
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 C6
To: "C5Statetrooper" and to "Hot Pursuit":
OK...tell me, where are we supposed to go to enjoy our cars? I would love to able to "let it happen" without fear of a ticket and all that goes with it...fines, points, increased insurance, etc. I've got 400 hp and have to drive it like an old man because I don't know where we can go to drive flat out. Sure there's the Silver State Classic in Nev. Have you seen the costs? As a newbie, it's close to $1,500 PLUS all the costs to get to Nevada and back. (www.silverstateclassic.com)
I'm open for where to go to "enjoy" my Corvette to max. I'm in Tampa area.
Let's hear from everyone
06 C6
06 C6, I think what our officer buddies are telling you, is don't be stupid and endanger others! But if you do, then don't blame them for the citation.

Now bare with me, because I am a newbie to Florida, and a part timer as well. But you said that you are in the Tampa area, if I am not mistaken, there is a pretty decent drag facility north of you in Gainsville. I realize that is more than a 15 minute drive for you, but I have driven an hour and a half each way to thrash my car all day long at a vintage drag meet. I had a smile on my face going to the track and a bigger smile on my face coming home.

If pointing your car straight ahead with your foot on the floor is not what you are looking for, then you might want to consider Sebring. In the grand scheme of things, not that far southeast of you. There you can roll into the throttle, then hard on the brakes, turn left, throttle, brakes, turn right, etc. Personally, as I have gotten older, I prefer the road courses to the drag strip. Just my opinion.

So, there are facilities that you can exercise your ride reasonably safely. You might want to check with a local club and see what sort of performance events they hold.

But, if what you are really interested in is driving your C6 (nice car by the way) to its limits on the street, let me be the first to introduce you to:

C5Troop, HP, and the Shadow.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote