View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road
Default The gun control debate rages on

A tragic event has happened in the UK involving a gun(s). The country with some of the most restricted right to own guns laws in the world have seen a mad man kill numerous people. At current count he killed 12 innocent people and seriously injured 25 more. These people were just walking along the road or sitting in their cars.

My point is that with debates raging on over gun control and the abolishment of our right to keep and bear arms, I present to you the reason that these BS laws DONT WORK. As I said in another post here recently the people who are motivated enough to do something like this will still do it regardless of whether or not the average citizen owns guns. This was a "Hunting Rifle" or "Shot Gun" and not the dreaded (Oh my gosh - the liberals will hate me for saying it) "Assault Rifle".

Quote:
The rampage in the county of Cumbria was Britain's deadliest mass shooting since 1996 and it jolted a country where handguns are banned and multiple shootings rare.
Quote:
Deadly shootings are rare in Britain, where gun ownership is tightly restricted. In recent years, there have been fewer than 100 gun murders annually across the country.
They don't mention that knife homicides / home invasions / robberies are through the roof now do they?

Here is the link to the story on MSN News:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424...ld_news-europe
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote