View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #29
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I pretty much agree with you except that Cuba does have some strategic advantage. It's our closest neighboring country and under communist dictatorship rule. I'd much rather have control of the country via a political leadership that is sympathetic to our needs and concerns

The country could be useful in a number of import/export and military ways aside from being a tourist resort. Even then, tourism fuels an economy in many places.

And OIL....yes OIL.......son of a beotch....and they said MONEY was the ROOT of all EVIL!!!!!
Ah! Correction. The Key West Buoy says 90 miles to Cuba. Actually it's around 94 miles depending on the tides but hey, 90 sounds good!

All good points. As much as I hate Fidel Castro, I have to admire the way he's thumbed his nose at us for almost fifty years. No one else has done this. Actually, Shadow is on the right path. Cuba was always a thought in the past for U.S. Presidents for many reasons. Several U.S. Presidents in the past have wanted to annex it as part of the U.S. because of it's location. During the 1800's it was looked upon mostly as the final nail in the coffin of the Spanish empire, if Cuba could be turned. Well, history showed that to be correct.

Cuba's greatest resource is her soil. The sweetest sugar comes from Cuba. The best Tobacco comes from Cuba. The strongest coffee comes from Cuba. The best Rum comes from Cuba. The Bacardi family is Cuban, not Puertorican. Bacardi was originally Cuban Rum until Fidel came and the Bacardi family moved it's distilleries to Puerto Rico. And yes, they have found there to be huge amounts of oil......YES, oil, off of Cuba's coast line. Again, I don't have the answer for you Shadow!

And yes, you and I agree, Mexico could be handled very easily in a matter of months. However, like I have said earlier, I am of the belief that if I'm big business and I control the "world" it's much easier to hire an illegal from Mexico, Guatemala, Philippines, Colombia, Czech, whatever, that is willing to do the job for less money, sometimes better, and not b!tch, then to get a lazy-a$s, welfare collecting, porch monkey, American citizen to do it for more money and lots and lots of R&R which includes whining.

My biggest problem is why complain about illegals so much and be hell bent on getting rid of them when there are so many Americans that will absolutely not get off their a$s to goto work and you and I have our taxes go to waste supporting them. I mean, those illegals are picking our damn tomatoes and dammit I need my grass cut!!! I made the smart-a$s comment on an earlier post about "your friendly neighborhood housing project." Well, drive by one one day and tell me how many people you see "hanging out?" Shouldn't they be picking our damn tomatoes since they have nothing better to do or haven't been doing anything for quite some time? If I have to get off my a$s everyday and fight traffic anywhere from Miami to West Palm, argue with customers, and break stuff constantly (the best part) just to pay my mortgage, then how fair is it that I have to have my property taxes pay for those slobs "hanging out" in free government housing? F@(k them, they need to get off of their a$s too!!!!

However, if I see them damn illegals blowing grass on my 'vette one more time, forget I.C.E., they're tasting the end of my sword!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote