View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
The original reason I got into photography many years ago was because I was on the beach at Englewood and saw a couple of water spouts WAY off on the horizon and wished I had the capability to get them on film. So I bought the equipment to do it. And since that time I have only seen ONE waterspout, again at Englewood and was able to get a couple of pics of it. Didn't reach the water, but what the heck.

Now that I have a camcorder, I would LOVE to get some footage of a tornado that way. But no, I'm not about to become one of those tornado chasers you see on the weather channel. I don't know why they fascinate me, but they certainly do. Wouldn't want one in my living room, but I would like to see one close enough to get some good shots of it.

I was just under the impression that with insurance, you aren't going to get anything better then blue book value on a totalled automobile, so I just never thought about anything else being an option.
I would love to see your picture. I'm recently getting into photography myself. In all my spare time! I have hardly any! I'm currently looking at buying a new digital camera. I've narrowed it down to a couple. I'll probably wait a little longer, maybe June.

I am a huge weather freak. I have several weather books, weather calendars. Even when I used to live in NY, I would really get into hurricane season. I'm constantly checking up on weather maps, every kind there is. I especially love the NOAA maps. I'd have to say if I were to do things over again, I'd actively pursue meteorology. I mean I still could now, but obviously it's a lot harder to change things. After seeing the movie Twister, I really wanted to be a tornado chaser. I've smartened up since then! I'm going to really start taking lots of pictures of clouds and would love to snap a picture of lightning. I have lightning pictures all over my house. My wife's not too happy about that. I can't buy any more, lol. Here is one of my favorite lightning shots I found on the web.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote