Thread: Street racers
View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #17
pmj341

Name :
pmj341 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
My experience with tracks is eh. Ill use OSW(Orlando Speed World), as an exmaple.

By far the worst run track Ive ever been to. Tech looked at my car, listened to it, and knew it was in the territory of atleast a 4pt cage. They went ahead and let me race anyways. My first pass I barely got on it and went sideways, my second pass I went sideways 3 times, I didnt end up in the wall cause I know my car very well.

When I took my car down county road 37 I believe(coming back from polk county back to bradenton) and did 176mph, I never once lost traction. Never once went sideways.

Corvettes are street ready cars or autocross. They are not meant to go down the 1/4m IMO.
Your first mistake was thinking Orlando Speedworld was a track, I used to race Bikes, we ran 7.70's @195mph, we would not go there except to do
tunning. this was back in 1980's.
We went to Desoto, it was a little better, when prepped the track would allows us to run 8.0@185 without spinning, if we bumped the power up we would light the tire up. so it's track prep and drivers ability.
the only local track then and now that was worth a sh** was Moroso and still is.
About a month ago I took my Vette, with drag radials, yes Vette, to Desoto, and did a 11.09@127, spinning 2nd, with a 1.69 60ft.
PBIR with street tires I did a 11.17 @126, and 1.7 60 ft, so even with street tires Moroso is better. I'm going today to run with the drag radials, I'll let you know what happens.
there is street DD that run in the 10's, yes a car driven every day to work will do it, Vette's were not made to Drag Race, Yet they work great when driven and setup right.
pmj341 is offline   Reply With Quote