The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation
Default Today's News

OK, today we read that Pres. elect Obama will rescind the "don't ask, don't tell" policy allowing gays to serve openly in our military.

Let's summarize...the new Pres. has yet to take office and so far we have the above, a new CIA Director who knows nothing about security, and are awaiting confirmation of a Sec. of the Treasury who is accused of tax evasion. God help us..
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I might have to relocate my dental practice to Canada!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Time to pull out all my money from the banks before he decides to use it for government upgrades.
Unread 01-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
OK, today we read that Pres. elect Obama will rescind the "don't ask, don't tell" policy allowing gays to serve openly in our military.
What does that mean, though? That homosexuals will no longer be allowed to serve, or what?
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Rescind means to take away. So this will mean gays/lesbians will be allowed to serve without having to keep hush hush about it. Id like to talk to some ppl who think gays in the military is wrong, I didnt think sexual preference kept one from popping a towlie in the head at 100m.
Unread 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

And given the state of the economy and all the suffering going on, next Tuesday alot of $$ are going to thrown away on the inaugaration gala. I am all for some celebrating this day but it should be done with some responsible restraint...
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
And given the state of the economy and all the suffering going on, next Tuesday alot of $$ are going to thrown away on the inaugaration gala. I am all for some celebrating this day but it should be done with some responsible restraint...
You're equating "responsibility" with "politics"! Are you on crack?

It's going to be an interesting four (4) years to say the least.

As far as the policy on homosexuals serving in the military, I've always thought it was archaic, and rediculous.

All this moralistic bullchit is detrimental to our national secutity!

Most other countries allow people with, shall we say "other" sexual orientations" to serve in their military and it seems to be working ok for them

The Brits, Aussies, etc.

Personally, I don't give a tinkers dam what you do off duty (sexually) as long as when the chit hits the fan, you stand your ground a fight!!!

Besides, we potentially lose a lot of qualified, top flight personnel due to some idiots ideological belief that if you're gay you can't serve.

Not only potential warriors but intelligence people, support staff, you name it?

Many moons ago I knew a Lt. (Navy) who was as gay as the day is long. He was an excellent Naval officer, an Military Intelligence type, and very good at what he did.
He was alos quite a decent person and one that you'd never have guessed his preferences when in uniform or in the "straight" society.
He worked out in the gym with us and could dead lift a damned truck as well!

He was "semi-open about his sexuality but had to be "careful" so as not to let the military find out???

This was long before the current (previous) policy and before alternative lifestyles were more socially accepted.

I think he finally ended up leaving the military as a result.

In doing so, we lost a potential career top notch military person and that person lost thier chance to serve the country.

Why???

Sexual preference aside, it's about time we unscrewed our heads from our assses and let those that qualify to serve do so!

If the persons "preference" makes them otherwise unsuitable for military service, then so be it...off you go!

But otherwise, stand aside and lets move on with the defense of the country.

As for this inaguration....all i can say is....it figures

BTW-Anyone see or hear about the prez elects new "limo?"

Sounds more like an APC to me

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

OK, I must agree....In my day (dark ages) gays were looked upon with disdain in the military and it was generally believed that their ability to react under duress in combat situations was questionable ( and untested). Personally, I see no relationship between combat performance and sexual preference but until such time that we see specific examples, this will remain a subject of controversy and debate.

The real point of my original post was that this is yet another example of the movement of our culture toward irresponsibility and lack of accountability. Discipline simply does not exist anymore. Corporations (and individuals) expect to be "bailed out" for making irresponsible financial decisions. The fact that a person has shirked on their taxes does not disqualify him from being Sec. of the Treasury (responsible for IRS). Is national security such a low priority that we can have a CIA Director with no prior security experience? Should we continue to be more concerned about the mistreatment of the perpetrators (prisioners) of 9/11 than the familes of the victims?

The $700B+ economic bailout will create a welfare state of unprecedented proportions and continue to reward personal (and corporate) inaction, irresponsibility, and poor decisions. Inept leadership won't help either...
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #9
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

I just came out of my post-election depression and they pull this kind of crap... If everyone wanted him because of race, I wish they would have at least looked at Alan Keyes. He would have been great..

BTW Screw Acorn!

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
blacksharkL82

Name :
blacksharkL82 has disabled reputation
Default Today/next week?

You haven't seen any thing yet.
All Boboma, talks about is how good it's going to be.
BS! We, as a nation, will suffer. The only thing I can see happening is more taxes and no freedoms.
This socalled leader, is not who you think.
He is not a born here American. He is a planted person that has conned the country into believing that he is on our side. (The people)
Most of you, do not remember that nasty Russian Prick, standing in our country, banging his shoe on the table, saying that "they will over take us, from the inside".
Well, they have.
We have a one party government, inplace, next week.
We are screwed, big time.
If the congress, doesn't give it to him, he'll just pass Executive orders, to reach his goal.
His goal?
Complete control!
Next time you vote, for anyone,remember those that are in and vote them out.
From the local level to the top.
There was a TV show, last season, JERICO.
Get use to it. It will happen.
Not the bombs but the take over. He wants our guns and our freedoms.
Only you and I, can stop him. Vote them out.
Remember RED DAWN? It is comming.
GOD BLESS, AMERICA.