The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 07-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road
Default 14 July / Bradenton Motorsports Park.....

..... is the next scheduled event of the 2007 RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series, open to all Corvettes:
this is a 'dial-your-own', handicap-start bracket-type race, where all-out ET isn't as-important as driving-smarts and consistency.

http://www.flacorvettechallenge.com/

I won't be racing, but will be there to assist in running the event, taking-pictures for the web-site, and will offer help in explaining how bracket racing works for beginners between-rounds
(look for a Bright Yellow tank-top and a Yellow & Black 'JEGS'-cap ):
gates-open at 9:00 AM, with 2 time-runs scheduled for 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM, and First Round of Eliminations tentatively set to go-off at noon.

Corvettes-only pits are offered behind the starting-line, on the asphalt, so we won't be in the dirt, sand or mud, and I hope to see you there!
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
USA-1

Name :

Oliver Mader won today's RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series race at Bradenton Motorsports Park, guiding his 'back-up' C4 race-car to the win over Candace Swenson in the Final Round:
here are some pictures I took, and if I missed anyone, I apologize.

The Calm Before the Storm (early-morning during track-prep ):

We had 3 first-time participants in today's race, all in C5s, and I believe most have the hook securely in their mouth, and will return as Series-regulars in the future:

David Matte's gorgeous Blue '98

Matt Freeman, wasting no-time gettin'-down the track

R.J. Gordon, approaching the starting-line

During time-runs, I took as many pictures as possible (I hope I got the names & cars paired-up properly? ):

Daryl Reis (? )

Eventual Semi-Finalist Robin Wahler-

Candace Swenson-

Tracy Lewis-

Dan Bouldry, keeping the GOODYEAR Tire & Rubber Company busy-

James McHale (? )

Points-Leader Craig Gingerich-

the Staging-Lanes before 1st Round, with Ollie Mader, having earned a possible odd-lot bye, waiting at far-Left, outside his White C4-

First-timers Gordon (near-lane ) and Matte come out of the water-box before their first-ever round of eliminations-

In a view that could've been seen 35 years-ago, Swenson & Bouldry prepare for battle-

Just-before the Final Round, Mader (left ) and Swenson cleaned-off their tires-

Ollie ran "on-with-a-'1' " to take-home braggin'-rights for this month, and accepts the trophy from Tracy Lewis of RevXtreme at-Right-

Candace Swenson, now just a single-point behind Gingerich, with her family and Runner-Up plaque-

Our next race is Saturday morning, 25 August, and ANY Corvette-owner is welcome to join us at the strip:
other remaining races this season, all Saturday mornings, are 8 September and the finale on 20 October.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

Hey-Glen, nice photos and good coverage of the action! If I wasn't on the other side of the state I'd be there.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Thanks for the coverage. Pics are great. I'm going to try and make the next round, but most likely as a spectator.
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
USA-1

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick
Thanks for the coverage. Pics are great. I'm going to try and make the next round, but most likely as a spectator.
If you've never bracket-raced before, that is probably a good-idea, as it can get confusing for a newcomer:
you might-be better served by watching what is going-on, asking-questions, and getting a good-feel for what to expect before you actually strap-on and try to compete.

God-willing, I'll be there again, wearing a Yellow tank-top & 'JEGS' ball-cap before eliminations (I received a Red/White/Black RevXtreme crew-shirt to wear as an 'Official' during Eliminations ), so if you attend and have questions, look me up in the staging-lanes with the other Corvette-owners.

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
C5Rick

Before I moved to Florida, my wife and son-in-law worked for Jeg's competition, so my hat will be a little different from yours.
I'll be looking for ya.
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
USA-1

Name :

I noticed a sign for a 'SONNY'S B-B-Q', at the intersection of Rt. 64 and I-75, about 9 miles West of the track, and will see if the Corvette-owners who compete at our next race want to meet-up after the race on 25 August for an afternoon 'lunch/bench-race session', and Corvette-ownesr who come-out to watch are welcome to join us.

With any-luck, this post-race meal will become a regular feature of our racing-series at Bradenton Motorsports Park!
Unread 07-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
C5Rick

Sounds good. I currently live about 3 miles west of I-75 at Rt 64.