The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road
Default QUESTION FOR EVERYONE.....

So NASAJACK got me thinking....

How did you come to own your vette?
Have you collected them throughout the years?
Did you see one when you were little and just knew you had to have it?
Did you dad/mom/relative turn you onto them?
Was it your dad's car you took to the SR prom and you fell in love with it???

Did you go through a mid life crisis?? Were you trying to pick up a lady or a man??

I am really interested to know ...HOW DID YOU COME TO OWN A VETTE??

I think this topic will bring back some old memories for a bunch of people and we might even learn a little more about each other.

If not at least it'll get some people thinking and start up some conversation !!

So HOW DID YOU COME TO OWN A VETTE??????
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Spinedoc
Spinedoc

Name :
Spinedoc is on a distinguished road

My brother had a new 80 Black Vette. I fell in love with that car. (He hated it). I wound up taking over that car and have been hooked on Vettes ever since. I'm currently on my 5th one. Been driving them ever since, although I was out of vettes from 86 thru 93. From 93 forward, that's all I have owned...
Spinedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

I have loved this car since I was little (mid to late 50's). I never wanted anything else. When I could finally afford one, it was not practical due to kids. After the kids were gone and finances improved. When the C6 came out I went to the dealer to see if they had brochures and or information. They had neither, but had many 2004 C5 and wanted to deal. Got a very good trade-in on our 2002 Monte Carlo and the rest is history. Took almost 50 years to get the Vette, but it was well worth waiting for.

jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm driving my 1st 'vette. I owned a new '88 IROC Z Camaro and thought I was sh!t hot Then one day I was sitting at a stop sign and heard a guy crossing the street in front of me say "look, he's driving a poor mans Corvette". Ever since then I wanted a 'vette but couldn't afford one. I owned a couple of Trans Ams ('96 and '98 WS6) and while they were great cars, they weren't 'vettes. Then in late '01 I test drove a ZO6 and that was it. I bought a new '02 ZO6 in july and never looked back. Someday maybe I'll upgrade to a newer model but right now I'm still enjoying my '02.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I feel in love with vettes when I saw my uncle come over with his pearl white with red interior ad t-tops. Cant remember if it was the 72 or 74. Always wanted one but could never afford one. With the last car I got into an accident with I always told my buddies one day Ill own a corvette just watch. Got mine through a way I didnt want to but I enjoy it, makes being "handicap" more fun.
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

In the mid 80's my wife insisted that I get a Hobie or passion besides work .She gave me two months to come up with something .She was also the one that drug me into a Corvette show .Since then i've owned a 69,87,03,08 and verts .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Someone ran into the back of my 88 IROC and messed up the back bumper and pushed me into someone in front of me, messing up the rear bumper as well. The car was going to need a complete paint job and it began having intermittent electrical issues. I had recently got a raise at work and decided it was time to fulfil a lifelong dream, so I started looking for a 96 LT4 because I just love the C4 body style and I still remember when the 84's came out. I've owned it since 1999 and added the 95 a few years ago.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Have always loved vettes but never owned one till "Goldie" I remember in 63 being allowed to drive for, oh about 6 blocks, a 63 convertable. Wanted one ever since.

When I got close to being done chasing bad guys and near formal retirement I decided I wanted a vette. Carrie, being the honey she is said "if that's what you want do it".

Searched for months and months. Had my heart set on a chrome bumper C3 (would have loved a C2 but they were way out of my budget) Finally through one of the on-line corvette trade sites I found "Goldie". She was in Pell City, AL.

Ask Carrie if she wanted to do a road trip just after Christmas on 07 and off we went. Liked what we saw, put her on a trailer and made her a Florida girl.

Only vette I've ever owned. Neat car.
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

WOW !!!! I love it guys, keep 'em coming ....very interesting stories indeed !!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Came close to buying a Vette back in the mid 70's (think it was a 68) for $3500 but did not have the leg room...instead bought a 72 240Z for about the same price which has the leg room and so I forgot all about Vettes for the next 30 years...When the 05's came out, I test drove one and was instantly hooked again (lots of leg room). Am not inclined to trade up at the moment but may change my mind if and when the C7 comes out...