The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
JCswm

Name :
JCswm is on a distinguished road
Default Got Stopped by the St. Pete police

Well he didn't really pull me over..... He Followed me to the local Quickee-Mart where I bought a pack of smokes. When I came out of the store I see the LEO has pulled behind my car blocking any hope I had for escape. As I'm walking towards my car I see the officer watching me but he didn't say a word ...... Before I reach for the door handle I look the copper right in the eye and (in my tough guy voice) ask him "Can I help you?"

Without missing a beat he ordered me to keep my hands in clear view & step to the front of his car. (Like a felony stop without gun drawn) Now I'm a little nervous at this point. then he orders me to turn around and face (the rear of) my car, and in a stern voice asks "Do you know why I've Detained you?" i'm like Noooo.... I don't have a clue

then He Chuckled, pointed at my (Correct) 1973 License plate and informed me my sticker had expired 2.5 years ago and I better get it taken care of 'cause the next guy might not be so nice........ Is that a 1973? That sounds NICE I love Sidepipes, What 'ya got under the hood.... Turned out to be a real nice guy, we chatted about cars for awhile and went on our way
An Honest mistake went un-punished

Then I went to the tax collectors office and it cost a whopping $34.95 to re-new my tags in under 20 min

JCswm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

That wouldn't happened that way in St.Lousy County!!!
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Nice story.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie
That wouldn't happened that way in St.Lousy County!!!
What ta hell ,your driving my 03 that I haven't registered in two years.No state inspection since 04. Good luck
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy
What ta hell ,your driving my 03 that I haven't registered in two years.No state inspection since 04. Good luck
That car has had less than 150 miles since you left it here!!! The gas has probly turned stale!! But I do have a Transporter tag!!

Last edited by gmjunkie; 05-13-2008 at 08:11 AM.
gmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCswm
Well he didn't really pull me over..... He Followed me to the local Quickee-Mart where I bought a pack of smokes. When I came out of the store I see the LEO has pulled behind my car blocking any hope I had for escape. As I'm walking towards my car I see the officer watching me but he didn't say a word ...... Before I reach for the door handle I look the copper right in the eye and (in my tough guy voice) ask him "Can I help you?"

Without missing a beat he ordered me to keep my hands in clear view & step to the front of his car. (Like a felony stop without gun drawn) Now I'm a little nervous at this point. then he orders me to turn around and face (the rear of) my car, and in a stern voice asks "Do you know why I've Detained you?" i'm like Noooo.... I don't have a clue

then He Chuckled, pointed at my (Correct) 1973 License plate and informed me my sticker had expired 2.5 years ago and I better get it taken care of 'cause the next guy might not be so nice........ Is that a 1973? That sounds NICE I love Sidepipes, What 'ya got under the hood.... Turned out to be a real nice guy, we chatted about cars for awhile and went on our way
An Honest mistake went un-punished

Then I went to the tax collectors office and it cost a whopping $34.95 to re-new my tags in under 20 min
My folks live in St.Pete on Isla Delsol, I would say you are lucky from what they say.Of course they always say nice things about the LEO in St. Pete! Nah they are pretty good ole boys down there.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Cool ending with a nice LEO. Could just as easily have gone the other way. I had the HP pull me once for 25 over (in my old '98 T/A) and just got a warning. I was sweating bullets for a minute there. I've never even been pulled over in the 'vette, maybe I'm just not driving it right.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
sandman

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton
Cool ending with a nice LEO. Could just as easily have gone the other way. I had the HP pull me once for 25 over (in my old '98 T/A) and just got a warning. I was sweating bullets for a minute there. I've never even been pulled over in the 'vette, maybe I'm just not driving it right.
I guarantee you I have had unbelievable luck with LEO's even in Florida. I passed to motorcycle cops doing 150mph on my GSXR and waived at them and they just stared. We were in Jordan(Middle East) and we had 6 vans running to this air strip and we had them floored and past their military on the side of the road. M-60's and everything they just stared. Thanks LEO's for not chasing me I believe I would have won. I don't know that you have anything that can out run my GSXR except radio. But not to worry some Azzhole stole my GSXR that is why I have a vette.
Unread 07-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I guarantee you I have had unbelievable luck with LEO's even in Florida. I passed to motorcycle cops doing 150mph on my GSXR and waived at them and they just stared. We were in Jordan(Middle East) and we had 6 vans running to this air strip and we had them floored and past their military on the side of the road. M-60's and everything they just stared. Thanks LEO's for not chasing me I believe I would have won. I don't know that you have anything that can out run my GSXR except radio. But not to worry some Azzhole stole my GSXR that is why I have a vette.

an U say Jet Ranger?

It's a losing proposition to chase a bike.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:23 AM   #10
sandman

Name :
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
an U say Jet Ranger?

It's a losing proposition to chase a bike.
Yes you are correct. It is dangerous for everyone. I have never been chased but I would stop. If I was speeding on my bike which was 99% of the time and saw blue and red I would stop. Heck I know you all have a job to do and I respect that Shadow. In fact I did get stopped in clay county at 5am. I stopped and got a warning. But it is an adrenolin rush. Better then ...well anything in my opinion. Some may disagree but it is better then getting thrills from drugs or busting in a store. You know? Speeding isn't legal either but at least I wouldn't have gone to jail for life for speeding. Unless the unthinkable would happen. But now I just have my Vette and just like to cruise 4 or 5 over and relax.