Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Welcome Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
Bracket Monster

Name :
Bracket Monster is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hey everyone, im new to the forum, i joined because im looking to buy a 02-04 Z06 and i want to learn more about the car and what things are good for it and stuff like that. I have a Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T and im a member on some forums for those and its a lot of fun so i decided to join a vette forum since im hopefully getting one. Im 16, turning 17 next month and i havent got a 100% answer from my dad yet but im sure if my grades are good he will hook me up, but ive got about 16g of my own and im trying to get him to lend me a few thousand so i can buy a z06, and i will pay him back... I always told myself when im old and rich im buying a Z06 or if i won the lotto, but now the way my dad was hinting at things, i think i might be able to own my dream car when im 17 .. just a little backround on me, hope to learn some stuff on here, thanks.
Bracket Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:06 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

to the site.... Wish to hell I had gotten a Corvette when I was 17. I wish you luck in your pursuit.

Once you have about 25K sitting in reserve, then start looking HARD for one. Price around and be picky as hell about what you want to get. Go to Corvette shows and look over the cars so you know INTIMATELY what a good one has. I jumped in way before I was ready and paid the price. So don't make my mistake. There are a lot of sharks out there that will chew you up if they think they can get away with it.

A couple of sponsors here have offered to look over any used vehicle prior to purchase, so it possible, take them up on that offer.

Good luck!
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Welcome

Welcome from TampaBay Vettes

Come to our show in November 17, 2007 and look around. Usually a few Vettes For Sale

www.corvetteparty.com

I just got my "Z06" last Saturday and Rich is correct.....You need a least 25K-34K to get a decent one. I shopped for months looking for mine and got a hell of a deal. If I could give you some advise, do what I did...Find a clean "C5"....1997 thru 2004, keep it for awhile and then move up to a "Z06" later on.

Good Luck!!!
Jim

Take a look at this post:
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ead.php?t=3440

This is a good price...I have seen the car and its show quality also. Has alot of after market "Bling" on it.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

With Rich.

And WELCOME to the forum.
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Gregg Tool

Name :
Gregg Tool is on a distinguished road

Gregg Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #6
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracket Monster
. Im 16, turning 17 next month.
Welcome to the forum! Like RichZ said..wish I had been so lucky when I was your age.

For that matter..I don't think I'll tell my 15, soon to be 16 year old son about you. I certainly don't need him yanking my chain to so he can get one. He'll just have to be content knowing theres a sweet ZO6 in the garage that he MAY..I emphasize MAY.. get to drive on occaision.

Good luck. You've received some good advice from others here about the best way to go about finding your car... take heed
sglfladad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

and good luck with your search. Go to as many shows and events as you can. Get a feel for the cars, listen to the exhausts and check out the aftermarket stuff you might find on them. You'll need to find a stock one or two to see what comes from the factory then check out what owners do to fix them up! See ya around!
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #8
Bracket Monster

Name :

Thanks a lot guys, my dad had a vette well actually my moms but mostly me and my dad drove it, and he used to own a shop and stuff so he is REALLY picky wen looking at cars n stuff, prolly go through a few before i find one he aproves of... thanks for all the advice and stuff, just so you know im not one of those like rich spoiled kids that gets whatever car he wants and stuff, i have some friends with 40g cars and 15-20g n the motor that there parents pay for everything, they dont even have jobs and dont pay any bills or anything, and it makes me kinda mad that they get all that for nothing, ive working 30 hours a week on top of school and all that and i save up about 6g a year after paying off my insurance and gas and all the extras, it gets tough sometimes since i pretty much just wake up go to school, instead of getting out at 2:40 like usual, i go to a technical school for automechanics so i get out of school 2 hours later than all the other kids, then i have to be at work 30 minutes later, go home go to bed and start the routine again, while all my friends are hanging out and partying and stuff... not trying to make u guys feel bad for me or w/e lol i dont want that, just dont want u thinking that im just a spoiled kid who gets everything he wants from mom and dad... but back to the point, thanks for all the advice guys..
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the Forum. You seem to be working hard and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Unfortunately for youe age bracket, you might find the insurance rates out of your reach. I would definitely check with your current insurance provider and ask about coverage for a vette. I just hate to see you work so hard for a dream and then be overwhelmed with the expense of insurance, etc. Just my humble .02 worth.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #10
Bracket Monster

Name :

yea my dad got a racing ticket recently and he got a lawyer and stuff, but after the case was over and all the lawyer said to do something with the insurance put me on my own account instead of my parents because if i get in a wreck the other person could sue for the house and stuff since im under my parents plan but if its all under my own they couldnt do all that because i wouldnt be associated with my parents, i dont know the details really, it was something like that, but my mom called the insurance angent and got all that stuff worked out, and she was asking like how much it would be if i got a corvette, and he said it would be about $50-75 more a month, so all i would have to do is maybe not get fast food as much this way i could save $50-75 more a month and put it to insurance, i rather eat the great dinner my mom makes and have a corvette than eat fast food all the time, so it shouldnt be a problem but if it does become a problem then ill just work a couple more hours a week to make up the money, its worth it to have my dream car