The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
budammo

Name :
budammo has disabled reputation
Default C4 Fuel Issues

Hi Need some help. I own 1989 C4. The car run rough at idle and
sometime will not start. The car has all the original parts on it - ie fuel pump, fuel pump relays, etc. Fuel presurre at start up is 41 lbs with the key on and 38 with the car running. Started right up this morning but rough at idle. Has anyone had this problem?
budammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Howdy and welcome to the site. I can't help with your fuel issue but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can. You might also jump over to the welcome forum and say hi. Most members check there looking for new folks.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Default Injectors?

My '86 is starting to run rough and the milage is dropping. Jump on over to "Maintenance, Mods and Tips" where "Skakedowns067" has some knowledge of a good place to buy some fair priced injectors. I just sent in an order for a set.
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

We have three vendors on the forum that may be able to assist you as well.

Mrs. Extreme, Ms Antivenom and RevXtreme,(Dang it! I know there's another one here, but it's a newer shop and I can't recall who it is?), all are performance shops,the first being up toward the panhandle/Tallahassee area, the second being in Seffner (near Tampa/Brandon) and the third being in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

You may want to shoot a pm to one of them and see if they can help you? Yo'll find the people on this forum always readhy to assist any way possible.

An check with Shakedown as mentioned Good guy, lot of good infromation on the C4.

Good luck with the issue and welcome to the forum

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Your Fuel pressure is Great,Check for cracked vacuum lines/leaks and carbon in EGR!! Check out the Distributer cap/Rotor/Plugs and Wires!!If all checks out then maybe give Jon Sr. or Jon Jr. at FIC and call,their Both Great,Knowledgeable guys and sell only Quality products!!

Tell'em "GMJunkie" from Old Fort NC sent you!!
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
budammo

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
Your Fuel pressure is Great,Check for cracked vacuum lines/leaks and carbon in EGR!! Check out the Distributer cap/Rotor/Plugs and Wires!!If all checks out then maybe give Jon Sr. or Jon Jr. at FIC and call,their Both Great,Knowledgeable guys and sell only Quality products!!

Tell'em "GMJunkie" from Old Fort NC sent you!!
Thanks for your help! I already changed out all the vacuum lines, distributor cap, wires, plugs, rotor, coil, Ignition control module and fuel filter. Next I am going to replace the original EGR valve. I cannot understand why the computer is not putting a trouble shooting code. I took it to the chevy dealership and they say I need fuel injectors but none of the injectors are leaking. I am going to replace the EGR tomorrow. Again, thanks for the help.
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

I'm willing to bet you have a few fuel injectors barely working. Take it to Greg at Anti Venom and he has a fuel injector/flow matching unit and can show you if they are bad or not.
Unread 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
budvette

Name :
budvette has disabled reputation

my bet would be injectors,check resistance of all injectors should be close to the same on all . 15 to 17 ohms if i remember right . mine ran rough with no codes found 3 bad runs good now.
budvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, those multecs injectors are junk and don't need to be leaking to be bad. They are a known issue with the L98 engine. Greg at AntiVenom can certainly verify that you've got some bad injectors. For all the injector info you could ever want, check out fuelinjectorconnection.com or visit their youtube.com page to see how bad the multec injectors flow.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
budammo

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
Yeah, those multecs injectors are junk and don't need to be leaking to be bad. They are a known issue with the L98 engine. Greg at AntiVenom can certainly verify that you've got some bad injectors. For all the injector info you could ever want, check out fuelinjectorconnection.com or visit their youtube.com page to see how bad the multec injectors flow.
I am getting 25-miles per gallon, so I do not think the fuel injectors are bad, but I maybe wrong. Thanks everyone for you're help and I will get back with you all once I figure it out.