The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default A track?

I live in the Winter Heaven/Lakeland area and would love to find a banked track more then a 1/2 mile in length to do a bit of more spirited driving on. Would even be very happy with a straight, say mile course to just let the Z run.

Am not looking to "lay it all on the table" but would love driving some triple digit speeds.

I understand that tracks incur a ton of liability for allowing this but that doesn't lessen my desire.

Don't really want to travel too dang far but hope such a track is known by my friends in the area.

Last time I really pushed speeds was in a cruiser with top mounted reds and blues.

Would love to join other vettes at such a gathering.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation

I attended a PCA (Porsche Club of America) driving event with a friend at Sebring this past weekend. It isn't a banked track put it has a couple of long straightaways that will allow a Corvette to reach speeds of around 150 MPH if that is what you are looking for.

You don't have to be a PCA member and you don't have to drive a Porsche. There was everything there from a Honda 2000 and Corvette ZO6's to race prepared Porsche GT 2's.

There were 4 run groups from novice to instructor and you could only pass in designated areas with the proper wave by from the other driver.

PCA isn't the only club that holds track events there. I know the BMW club does and several independent track day organizations.
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Kap142

Name :

Sebring sounds good to me. I'll see if a web site exists with dates of availability. Thanks for the info and let me know if you become aware of up coming dates for runs.

Thanks
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Hey Ken,

Try the Chin Motorsports site below. They run HPDEs (high performance driving events) at various tracks including Sebring. A couple of guys from my club attend these at Sebring. I think they have one coming up soon, but they sell out pretty quickly. Cost is around $300, but if you have never done this before you will need an instructor to make sure that you are safe on the track. That may cost a few bucks more.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/

I also seem to remember that the Corvette Museum is sponsoring an HPDE at Sebring sometime in the future. I don't recall the specifics, but you might want to check out the museum website also.

I hope this helps.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Kap142

Name :

Thanks Rich. I will do so.