The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough
Default Don't some of you folks live in the Panhandle?

I am from Panama City originally but live in Tampa now. We just rented a beach house for a week in December on Cape San Blas. I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for me for good oyster bars seafood markets, etc... in the Apalach, St Joe area. I haven't been there since the seafood festival when I was a little girl.
It's funny how we always want to leave the small town for the big town and then once we're there we crave the peace and quiet again
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155 View Post
I am from Panama City originally but live in Tampa now. We just rented a beach house for a week in December on Cape San Blas. I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for me for good oyster bars seafood markets, etc... in the Apalach, St Joe area. I haven't been there since the seafood festival when I was a little girl.
It's funny how we always want to leave the small town for the big town and then once we're there we crave the peace and quiet again
Sorry I can't help with some good food picks, however, I DO know what you mean about peace and quiet again.

Good luck with the seafood and eat some lobster for me.
Unread 10-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well the wife and I have been to the Cape San Blas area several times, but honestly I don't recall ever eating in the area. Except for an ice cream cone once or twice. Nothing comes to mind trying to remember a eatery around there either. Seems to me there was a burger joint near Indian Pass a while back, but I think it was closed down last time we drove by it. There may be a restaurant up on the peninsula of Indian Pass, but I'm not really sure. Seem to recall seeing signs but haven't actually been there to try it out.

In Apalachicola, there are a few restaurants, but nothing spectacular as far as quality is concerned. We sometimes eat at Papa Joe's at Scipio Creek, and the fried shrimp, at least, are decent.

Connie and I have talked about renting cabins right in the state park at Cape San Blas for years now, but never gotten around to doing it. If you haven't checked that out, you probably should. Pretty remote and the cabins look pretty nice.

Sorry I can't be of more help....

Oh, btw, on the way out there, you will probably go by a place called Angelo's near the Ochlokonee bay bridge on route 98. Nearly everyone who has eaten there has said they will NOT go back. So bear that in mind if you see it and think about stopping in.
Unread 10-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
Rebekah7155

Name :

Thanks for the Angelo's warning

We're planning on bringing groceries but I want to buy fresh seafood to cook while we're there. The rest of the state cannot compare to the fish and oysters you can get in the Panhandle.
Unread 10-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Help on the Way!!

Try this site!!!!!

http://www.capesanblas.com/

Jim
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
Rebekah7155

Name :

Thanks Jim. Not sure why google didn't pop that one out
Unread 10-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Rich Z

Stop in at a place called MyWay Seafood in Panacea on the way out there, if you want the best seafood around. If you go by there on a Wednesday, Connie will be working there. Bring a large cooler and stock up. The woman who owns the place (Debbie) doesn't buy nor sell junk and absolutely does NOT have anything imported for sale. All local and all fresh.
Unread 10-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
Rebekah7155

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Stop in at a place called MyWay Seafood in Panacea on the way out there, if you want the best seafood around. If you go by there on a Wednesday, Connie will be working there. Bring a large cooler and stock up. The woman who owns the place (Debbie) doesn't buy nor sell junk and absolutely does NOT have anything imported for sale. All local and all fresh.
how far away is Panacea? we're going up on a sat and coming home a thursday. I can see stopping both ways lol
I love it when my Mommy comes down from panama city with a cooler in her car of goodies for me
Unread 10-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Rich Z

If you are taking route 98, you will go right past the place. It's on the left side (heading west) of the road right past the fire station when you go through "downtown" Panacea. Not sure how far away from Cape San Blas it is, though. When I drive time and distance seems to have no meaning....

But yeah, take a cooler......

Hmm, I think Connie is cooking up some shrimp for dinner tonight. Good thing about her working there is that she ALWAYS brings home some goodies for the rest of the week.
Unread 10-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Rebekah7155

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If you are taking route 98, you will go right past the place. It's on the left side (heading west) of the road right past the fire station when you go through "downtown" Panacea. Not sure how far away from Cape San Blas it is, though. When I drive time and distance seems to have no meaning....

But yeah, take a cooler......

Hmm, I think Connie is cooking up some shrimp for dinner tonight. Good thing about her working there is that she ALWAYS brings home some goodies for the rest of the week.

you're spoiled!
But one thing we can get fresh here in Tampa is shrimp. Oh yes, and stone crab season just started. Hurray!!! I miss the grouper and scamp and pompano and snapper and oysters....