The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough
Default With deepest regrets

...Since there are a few LEO's here and maybe a few other folks who may have had the opportunity to run into him over the years...

Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Randy Roberson, 56 passed away the other day of apparently natural causes.

I've known Randy since I was a rookie Deputy. We used to hang out and BS and we've backed each other up on so many calls I can't count 'em.

Randy was a True Trooper. He looked the part, acted the part and knew his job inside out. He was part of thier Emergency Response Team way back in the beginning. I recall talking to him about his deployment to Liberty City during the riots.

Randy was a true humanitartian as well, not just a ticket writer. He did his job, but he had a heart and a sense of humor as well. Man. we lauged at so much **** out here on the street!
He was loved and respected by those he supervised as well. Again, Randy was a Troopers Trooper and not just a supervisor.

He retired about 3 years ago after 31 years on the job. He just went to his doctor a few weeks back and was given a clean bill of health.

The other day, Randy just didn't wake up

His wife called me today and gave me the news. Another close friend of Randy's and a long time friend of mine, Cpl. Dan Peterson is assisting the family with the arrangements.

One thing that really pisses me off though is the FHP Captain in his Troop, refused to allow an honor guard at the funeral The man puts in 31 distinguished years and retires honorably, and you, you worthless POS can't approve an honor guard?

It looks like the Hillsborough County S.O. is going to do the honors though. It's somewhat fitting since a lot of us "old timers" knew him well.

For the LEO's on the board, if you can find a way to make your dept. aware of Randy's passing, I'm sure the family would appreciate it. The notice should be on the Tampa Tribune on Wednesday, 19 July.

The family will recieve friends and fellow LEO's at 3 pm and the service will be at 4pm on Friday, 21 July at Blount and Curry funeral home on Bearss Ave. east of Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa.

We're gonna miss ya Randy You were one of the best my friend...R.I.P. brother...

Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your loss. Seems the older we get, the more we experience this sort of thing.
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Sorry to hear of your personal loss Shadow Seems only the good die young, and yes, the older we get (I'm 58), the more we recognize that we are losing our friends and family. Sometimes this mystery of life just doesn't seem be right in the end...........
Unread 07-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road

Randy seems like the type of friend that only comes around every now and then. Sorry to hear the sad news. RIP!!
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Please accept our sympathy for the loss of your friend. You've honored him in the way you described him to us. He sounds like a person anyone would be proud to say he was a friend. I know you'll miss him.
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm sorry to hear of Randys passing. I'm sure he'll continue to live on in the memories of those who knew and loved him.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys and gals. I was talking to the Cpl. today and told him about the posts on the various websites. Told him that I'm going to print/send him a link to the sites and he can let the family see the responses. I'm sure they will be very pleased

Little update:

Seems the Sheriff's Office Colonel contacted the Major at FHP today regarding the honor guard. Seems the Major knew nothing about the bonehead captains decision to disallow the guard.

The Major the got on the phone with the family adn the Florida Highway Patrol will be honoring thier own on Friday

To the Major.

Don't think I'd want to be that Captain though
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear about your friend.
Unread 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm happy that you got the Captain at the end.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

Very sorry to hear about the loss of a true hero. Prayers go out to the family and sad you lost a great friend.

God Bless him for his service and dedication to our country.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote