The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 09-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road
Default The Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin is gone.

I can’t believe the Crocodile hunter is gone.

How crazy is that?
I use to watch his show back in the days.
I remember thinking “ this guys #$%$ nuts”.
The guys from South Park even put Steven in one of their shows.
He was entertaining to watch and his love for animals was out of this world.
He was the man; the myth, the legend and my prayers go out to his family and friends.

Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 03:50 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I was reading about it last night. Apparently a sting ray (of all things) did him in with a barb to his chest. Details are sketchy though. But I'm betting he just screwed around one too many times with something that didn't want to get screwed around with. I've watched some of his shows, and kids trying to emulate him will get themselves seriously injured or killed. He took WAY too many liberties with wild animals.

Take a look at this guy making a SERIOUS ERROR with a crocodile!

Unread 09-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

This video has been brought to you by Darwin Awards Presentations in conjunction with Imadumbass enterprises:rofl1:

Irwin took a lot of chances I 'll agree, but I think, like any professional, they were calculated risks.

Some of the stuff he used to do was just but he always urged people not to try to copy him and always (as I recall anyway) stressed the potential dangers.

According to the reports and videos I've seen so far, he was swimming with his torso above the Ray (This was one BIG mofo Ray!) and they think the cameraperson, along with Irwins presence, may have frightened the ray into a defense mode

When the ray struck the barb entered his torso via the ribcage and pierced his heart. According to one of the crew, Irwin removed the barb (probably not one of the best moves he could have made, but a natural reaction).

Crew members tried to resuscitate him aboard ship to no avail

The aforementioned info came from several internet sources as well as a video interview with his friend, manager and crewmember yesterday.

Most people don't die from Ray attacks.

My guess is a combination of the toxin being released directly into the heart along with the massive amount of blood now being pumped directly from the heart is what killed him.

I really enjoyed his shows and his personality

It's a great loss to to Austrailia, TV fans, animal lovers and researchers, and the world.

RIP Steve Irwin and God bless the family and friends.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :

Hope this works?

This is a video clip off the internet of his father, remembering his son...for all you badasses...get the tissue ready....

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1704060
Unread 09-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

You play with fire, you're gonna get burned...sooner or later. I noticed the comment by the friend that said they weren't worried when he was on land because he was so agile, but they knew it would be something in the sea that would get him.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I got my first satellite dish in the summer of 1997. I remember there was a channel on the dish I had never gotten on cable that was called Animal Planet. Being animal lovers my wife and I quickly became interested in three particular programs, Emergency Vets, Buck Staghorns Animal Adventures, and The Crocodile Hunter. Now at that time Animal Planet didn't have a lot of programming on their schedule so many shows were repeated at different times. The Crocodile Hunter was certainly the most interesting wildlife show I had ever seen bar none. I loved Marlin Perkins, Jack Hannah and all the rest but none compared to Steve Irwin. My wife even entered a contest where first prize was a trip to Australia Zoo with a chance to meet Steve and Terri, unfortunately we didn't win but we did win a Steve Irwin doll. We never missed a show and I was blown away by the enthuasiasm he exhibited for his work, I wish I could have found something in my life that would have gotten me that pumped up. I nearly fell off my chair Monday morning when I logged on and read of his death, it is a great loss for the animal world, and the world in general. I have been watching him so long it is like I have lost a friend. It was so easy to like him and his family, and his knowledge about animals was amazing.

I would have to disagree with his father, Steve Irwin was anything but an ordinary bloke, he was an amazing person who did make a difference in this world, he will surely be missed. RIP

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
...I would have to disagree with his father, Steve Irwin was anything but an ordinary bloke, he was an amazing person who did make a difference in this world, he will surely be missed. RIP

I agree. I think his dad was trying to say that he was a down to earth guy and just like the rest of us working stiffs

RIP
Unread 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

I too wish I found something that made me that happy. I think he would still be doing the same crazy stunts with or without the fame or money. I truly believe he just loved the rush of the animals and how he could relate to them.

He was a crazy down to earth person who had an extraordinary personality with the animals.

I always loved it when he would say “don’t muck with em”.
He will be missed in my eyes and all the animals that he helped and saved.

RIP brother-man, and I hope there’s a huge crocodile up there in heaven just waiting for you to muck with with.
Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

I feel sorry for his wife and two children.
Unread 09-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
When the ray struck the barb entered his torso via the ribcage and pierced his heart. According to one of the crew, Irwin removed the barb (probably not one of the best moves he could have made, but a natural reaction).

Crew members tried to resuscitate him aboard ship to no avail

Most people don't die from Ray attacks.

I heard only 3 people have died this way, and one had to be him. Such a bummer
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote