The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road
Default My Character, or lack there of......

The time has come to put everything out in the open. Let’s have an open discussion about my character flaws and my so called lack of integrity. Frankly I am tired of this issue being thrown in my face so lets clear the air once and for all.

I will try to be as candid, open and honest as I am able to and hopefully recall the facts correctly and sequence the events as close to how they happened.

The only finger pointing I am doing in this post is right back at myself so as to save a certain individual/shop owner the time of sending PMs to everyone about me and all of my character flaws and dings in my integrity.

I arrived to the Corvette community the day after Labor Day 2006 when I picked up my 1998 black convertible. Purchasing it was actually my wife's idea as I had retired from coaching basketball after 25 years and at that time I was teaching the most extreme special education students (mentally and sexually abused foster kids in a group home who had been removed from their parents) and needed something of a hobby to use as stress relief. I had previously built several hot rods before and worked as a mechanic in Greensboro, NC for a couple of years. I was itching to get back into a hot rod. So we bought the vette.

I had flirted with a C5 Z06 prior to getting the vert and knew I wanted to do all my own work and match or exceed the Z's power levels. Of course I immediately found the national Corvette board and joined. I read all that I could and began my mental mod list. I was intrigued at how the use of video would allow people like my self who are visual learners (this is the teacher in me) have an easier time doing the work on their Vettes, so that is where the Corvette Show came from that you see in my screen name. I registered a web site and found an on air host and actually produced two episodes of The Corvette Show as podcasts and they were and still are on Itunes.

I did the Z06 Suspension mods and showed via video exactly how to do the Ratshack resistor mod to trick the F45 suspension and use C6 Z06 Shocks. I then did my own slave/master and clutch repair then moved on to heads and cam, all documented on video.

I began conversing with Tracy at RevX over a period of time in late 2006 and on through 2007. He graciously offered his help if I needed it to install the nitrous system I was thinking about. I thought, "Hey, cool guy, that’s awesome."

Late August of 2007 RevX had a partner that wanted out. I was not overly happy with my teaching and wanted to look into a career change. I had always wanted to be back into a shop and flirted with several opportunities at shop ownership through the years. I inquired about the RevX sale and talked to Tracy about it. Tracy's first option that he wanted to pursue was to buy out his partner and have the whole thing to himself, and I certainly could not blame him for that.

However, Tracy appeared very interested in my internet skills, combined with the potential my podcast show had, he and I worked out an agreement for me to come to work for RevX on a part time basis (I would drive to RevX after school three days a week and on Saturdays from Town and Country to Palm River) and be the company’s director of marketing.

(Cont. in next post)
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote