The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Yellow flies...

These damned critters are getting ferocious out there. When they first come around, they are kind of stupid, just flying around to aggravate you, as they act like they don't know what the heck they are there for. But now, they have gotten their appetite for blood and attack with a vengeance. There is NO ignoring a yellow fly now. You've got about 3 seconds to whack the SOB before he bites.

I've got all four mosquito magnets running now and each of them is just LOADED with these little monsters. I believe this is the worst year we have seen of them around here.

Hopefully their season will be over with soon. We really can't do much outside because we spend more time swatting at the flies then we do getting anything else done. I got two-thirds of the back of the house pressure washed yesterday before I had to abandon that task and run for cover from the flies.