The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Team Corvette Racing

Looks like Team Corvette didn't fair well in France
#63 Corvette: Second in Class / Sixth overall
#64 Corvette: Out at 2 hour mark
Unread 06-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Unread 06-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Just the French trying to help EU countries beat America. The reason the #64 Vette was out early in the race was "Outside help" from the safety crews. The funny thing was that I saw other cars getting a push for a few feet from safety crews , but alas,, no disqualification for them like the Corvette.

Another example was a French owned Porsche team. They crashed bad and had to rebuild the chassis and roof line which is strictly forbidden by the rules (That is unless your a French team in a home country determined to beat any Americans possible).
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
C5Rick

They jumped in front of the #64 before he made it back onto the track. I sure looked odd.
They#63 was catching the Aston in the rain, 30-45 seconds a lap so the caution flew. I saw one turn with standing water and I didn't see cars sliding off course. The only "driver" who could drive in the rain, was Ron Fellows.
Unread 06-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick
They jumped in front of the #64 before he made it back onto the track. I sure looked odd.
They#63 was catching the Aston in the rain, 30-45 seconds a lap so the caution flew. I saw one turn with standing water and I didn't see cars sliding off course. The only "driver" who could drive in the rain, was Ron Fellows.

Prime examples of the desire to put the "Dirty American" out of the winners circle (or podium as this racing has it).
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
CK 6

Name :
CK 6 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Just the French trying to help EU countries beat America. The reason the #64 Vette was out early in the race was "Outside help" from the safety crews. The funny thing was that I saw other cars getting a push for a few feet from safety crews , but alas,, no disqualification for them like the Corvette.
It was my understanding the reason #64 was disqualified was because it could not get back to the pits under engine power (apparently a new ruling). It was moving through the use of its starter motor. Anybody clairify that?
CK 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
C5Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 6
It was my understanding the reason #64 was disqualified was because it could not get back to the pits under engine power (apparently a new ruling). It was moving through the use of its starter motor. Anybody clairify that?
I've been looking all over and can't find any explanations.
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 6

Yea the rule was so new that the ink wasn't dry in the manual when the French race people DQ'd the Vette . They saw how the Vette was making it back to the pits.