The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 06-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #141
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Some scary crap .Good news is that the tropical low now south of Cuba never developed .It also looks like there is nothing forming .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #142
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I figured there was a lot of gas coming out with the oil, but DAMN. That's crazy. I have predicted that most of the gulf will be very very stagnate for years to come, but this is actually taking it to the next level. The Dead Sea may have nothing over the the Gulf after this. But...she will bounce back, just may be quite some time.

You know what's really crazy, is that BP could pay hundreds of millions of dollars per year for probably over a decade to people effected in the Gulf Region and still be making BILLIONS of dollars off this one well. There's just too much money in oil....
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #143
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sensationalism aside, this increase in methane infused into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico could be worrisome, if the actual facts indicated have some substance to them...

Unread 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #144
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Sensationalism aside, this increase in methane infused into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico could be worrisome, if the actual facts indicated have some substance to them...
What scares the hell out of me is I'm sure there is some substance .If some of the predictions and assessments are 20% correct well all be in deep chit.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #145
Rich Z

These links make for some interesting reading....

Methane

Permian-Triassic Extinction Event
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #146
Rich Z

You know, I've been watching some of the live feeds of this event, and something really puzzles me...

How is it that these live feeds are so CLEAR? I just watched ROV1 pick up something off of the sea floor and it created a substantial cloud from the silt. Do you mean to tell me that this HUGE flow of oil (or whatever it is) is not generating any turbulence around it at all, and the sea floor around it still has a deep layer of silt completely untouched by any turbulence at all? The water is WAY too clear down there. I would think it would be like trying to see through a major dust storm.

Oh yeah, and as for the bright coloration of that oil column being from the lighting, please tell me, what sort of light would you use to shine on a BLACK column of oil to make it appear yellow and orange? What exactly IS that that is coming out of that pipe?
Unread 06-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #147
Rich Z

Now, I don't think this is a good sign at all....

Unread 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #148
Rich Z

If anyone wants to watch all the live feeds at once, here's a site where you can do that -> http://www.searchlawrence.com/_bp_spill.html
Unread 06-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #149
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

As for the oil being orange and yellow, it could be mud. I will admit that I don't know much about oil drilling, but I've never assumed that the oil pockets in the crust are some perfectly pure collections of oil. I would assume that there's a lot of mud and rocks in there as well.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #150
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
As for the oil being orange and yellow, it could be mud. I will admit that I don't know much about oil drilling, but I've never assumed that the oil pockets in the crust are some perfectly pure collections of oil. I would assume that there's a lot of mud and rocks in there as well.
Yeah.... I guess at this point we have no idea what is coming out of that well along with the oil.

I just wish they would get that sucker capped off and get as much oil cleaned up as possible before the first hurricane of the season comes in and really makes things challenging...